About the League of Women Voters
In 2011-2012, the League celebrated the following accomplishments:
- Distributed 450,000 copies of the Voter Information Bulletin.
- Answered 1,200+ Election Day calls at the LWV-WBNS Phone Bank for the general and primary elections.
- As a leader in Franklin County Consortium for Good Government, held 11 Candidates Nights and 2 Ballot Issue Forums.
- Conducted Voter Registration Drives.
- Promoted “I Elect Early” in-person absentee voting campaign.
- Provided voter information at RISA (Raising Interest in Spanish Awareness) event celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Provided information to voters and League members through our office, web site, and Facebook page.
- Held meetings to educate the public on ballot issues and referenda, clean air, redistricting, education, national debt, religion and public life, and fracking. Total attendance over 300.
- Undertook a major organizational assessment and long-term planning process. Called 4R, it focuses on Revisioning, Reinventing, and Reinvigorating a Relevant local League of Women Voters.
- Studied central Ohio regional planning and land use.
- Held unit meetings on poverty, ballot issues, and human trafficking.
- Toured Weinland Park, where urban redevelopment is in progress.
- Published a full color, multipage monthly newsletter called The Voter.
- Was featured in Project Diversity video.
- Came to consensus on positions on human trafficking, privatization of federal government services, central Ohio transportation and land use, and the role of federal government in public education.
Public Interest Advocacy
- Focused on fair redistricting by collecting signatures in a statewide petition drive, testifying before the General Assembly, and cosponsoring the Ohio Redistricting Competition.
- Worked to support voter access and intent, testifying against HB 194 and collecting signatures for its repeal through voter referendum.
- Monitored compliance of the Franklin County Bd. of Elections with elections lawsuit requirements.
Nonprofit Federal Returns (Form 990-EZ)
- 2007-2008 (.pdf)